Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sauteed Mushroom-Topped Burgers

Hah, I guess we're traveling through Burgerville.  If you'd like to join the trip, then All Aboard!  Right after enjoying our delicious Chili Cheese Burgers , I whipped up a batch of my Sauteed Mushroom-Topped Burgers, another easy recipe.  I'm into easy these days, I guess.  I like to keep the condiments simple on this one, so as not to compete with one of my favorite things to eat: the beloved mushroom.  Served with a side of veggies, it makes for a complete meal. Enjoy!


Sauteed Mushroom-Topped Burgers

Ingredients:

1 Tbs. olive oil
12 - 14 button mushrooms, halved and sliced
1 tsp. dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Canola oil for frying
3 pkgs. of vegan Boca Burgers - enough for seconds and/or leftovers 
1 red onion, sliced into rings
Vegenaise
Mustard - I love me some plain yellow here
Favorite burger buns

Directions:

Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.  When heated, add the mushrooms.  Cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, before adding the seasonings.  Let them reduce a bit first.  After adding the seasoning, cook for another few minutes, until they are tender and you can't resist them anymore.  In the meantime, heat the canola oil in large pan over medium heat.  When hot, add enough burgers to make a layer in the pan.  Cook for three to five minutes, then flip, and continue with another three to five minutes, until they have browned.  Finish with the rest of the burgers.   Spread your Vegenaise and mustard on the buns.  Add a burger, some onion slices and a couple of spoonfuls of your shroomies.  Top with the other bun half.  Open wide and bite.  So good!  Serve with a side of veggies.  Feeds five hungry vegans.

17 comments:

  1. This is a perfect recipe for me to try! I've realized that I don't love Boca Burgers, but don't want to be wasteful, so I need to try ways to focus on other ingredients. And I love mushrooms!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love mushrooms, too, especially Mike. He would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, what a great meal and its healthy too. Hope everything is doing well on your side. You have been in my prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid, oh, there are so many other vegan burgers out there you can use. If you also prefer a homemade recipe, you can use that, too. These are just what I use.

    Molly, great! I am definitely a major mushroom lover.

    Millie, thank you. Things are getting better over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been craving burgers lately but haven't done anything about it yet. Got to do something about it soon! With mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gives me the impression that when you sit down to dinner with the family, you are REALLY enjoying what you've served;-)

    Hope all is well out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, I love mushrooms on almost anything, and they taste great on burgers. Don't wait any longer!

    SV, why bother sitting down at all, if you're not going to enjoy it? That's what I always say. All is getting better, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an enticing-looking burger, with the big pile of mushrooms on top and the red onion rings underneath, the Boca burger looks juicy too...it's making me crave a burger now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh....you are totally speaking my language now! I loooove mushrooms! I am making this tomorrow for sure!!!!
    B~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose, hey, hey, glad to see you here! Now, go eat a burger!

    VV, Good, enjoy your burger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Argh - how do you *always* know what I want to eat about five seconds before I know I want to eat it? Mushroom topped burgers? Yes! That's just what l want. Garlic fries on the side too please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blessings and season greetings....
    looks good, what kind of burger is it since your a vegan? Is it store bought veggie or did you make it yourself?

    looks yummy.

    stay blessed.
    Rhapsody
    http://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhapsody, it's a Boca Burger - storebought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah..hmmmm Boca? Never heard, I'll keep my eyes peeled the next time i hit the grocery store.

      Delete
  14. How did you get so many posts in on me?! You're supposed to go at my pace! To make me feel better! :) catching up now on your posts. And I'm definitely on the burger train, no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete